Notes/Project Details and Qualifications:
– Multiple teams involved – some doing remediation, some teams doing migration (this one is migration focused). Technical Advisor role is ensuring everything ‘works’ in the end and putting in necessary fixes – “Dell is the rubber stamp for completion”
– Technical Advisor is supporting teams doing the remediation/migration. Role provides support and issue resolution. A support role versus hand’s on, more about problem solving and providing solutions.
– Majority of applications go through a remediation phase; Technical Advisor should be able to support/understand infrastructure tools – i.e. network related concerns, load balances, more at the application level AND understand the Application LifeCycle, i.e. servers and databases, related to protocols – secure connections, single sign-on, etc.
– Candidates should have deployment/implementation experience – ideally have been an architect at some point. Should have some private cloud experience. Need more than all public cloud experience. Not a true DevOps role.
– Must have Requirements: proven experience with application migrations/modernization and understanding of infrastructure involved (understanding what it takes to migrate an application from one environment to another and know all the infrastructure needed to support this kind of migration); patient, know how to trouble and strong communication/confidence.
This person won’t be doing actual architecting, but needs an architect background (NOT PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER). They will be overseeing APP MIGRATIONS and working on strategy, providing technical solutions, experience working on technologies listed.