Supplier Vetting Questions –
Q1) Please describe your hands-on experience with J2EE and Middleware in a Unix environment.
Q2) Please describe your experience with legacy technology upgrades/application migrations.
• Developing software solutions by studying organizational needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Follow established methodology and controls guidelines. Maintain agility and quality throughout development process.
• Documenting Technical Design, Interface Specifications and Unit Testing.
• Participate in technical discussions and provide recommendations or solutions
• Demonstrating ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish and facilitating appropriate handoffs
• Ensuring that “Best Practices” for development activities (e.g. code reviews, unit testing, etc.) are followed through the project life-cycle
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 3+ years of experience in developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies, preferably in Unix environment.
• Understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, & load balancers
• Hands-on experience on multiple technologies such as:
• Java/J2EE & middleware (WebLogic, Apache, Spring Boot, etc.) technologies in UNIX environment and Scripting languages such as UNIX Shell
• Build automation / CICD pipeline integration tools (Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Artifactory, etc.)
• Relational databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Information and application security including LDAP, certificates, public key encryption, SSH, access credentials, etc.
Keys to Success in this Role:
• Good interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various teams, both business and technical, to achieve goals.
• Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively.
• Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.