Apex is looking for a Software Engineer II, working with .NET Microservices in AWS! This candidate will join a stellar team of strong, self-motivated developers and engineers developing high- volume, performance, and availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies.
DealerTrack is the leading provider of digital solutions for automotive retail. Combining dealer perspectives, consumer insights, and tech-fueled innovation we’ve built a marketing, sales, and operations platform that’s helping to transform the automotive retail industry. DealerTrack’s offices span 20 locations coast to coast, and each site is committed to nurturing wellness, growth and creativity with fitness centers, wellness classes, training and professional development courses, nutrition-first cafeterias and more.
Our Software Engineers are passionate influencers who have built a premier software platform for auto dealers and are thinkers with the tenacity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. We weave collaboration and support into the fabric of everything we do. You’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individual talents, cultivates teamwork and dynamics, and provides multiple opportunities for creative problem-solving. Our team members collaborate and learn from each other to continually improve our practice of software engineering. We forge an environment of mentorship to shape our culture.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
– Develop high quality, readable, maintainable code using best software practices
– Build monitoring systems for apps and services
– Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to solve business problems
– Participate in design discussions, as we create different solutions and software ecosystems
– Participate in code reviews
– Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
– Participate in On-call rotation with the team (once every 5-6 weeks)
What We Look For:
– Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Computer Science major, or equivalent experience
– Minimum 1 year of experience with RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL technologies
– Minimum 3 years of experience building software applications with .NET (Core or Framework)
– Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as React, Angular, Typescript and Node.js
– Understanding of the full stack of components required to run an application
– Trunk based development using Git
– Familiarity with OOP, SOLID and REST principles
Preferred (If you have these, we’re thrilled!):
– Experience with Terraform scripting
– Understanding of automated deployments and release orchestration (CICD)
– Familiarity using container tools such as Docker for application development and deploys
– Familiarity with Microservices architecture and design concepts
– Exposure to AWS infrastructure or similar cloud architecture
– Familiarity with deployment automation tools such as Terraform and Codebuild
– An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc.
– Familiarity with various Cloud and other monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, New Relic, Splunk)
– Understanding of scalable networking technologies (e.g. load balancers)
– Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
Notesremote position to start, but would have to relocate to Salt Lake City office.