The Data teams AWS cloud journey is well underway, and we are looking for a passionate technology leader to join our Agile Lean teams. As a thought leader about all things data, who enjoys a hands-on approach, and values knowledge sharing and influencing others-from intern to executive management-you may be a great fit within our diverse and inclusive team.
Within our data tech organization, we are currently looking for candidates who will apply a growth mindset to drive innovation and to transform our organization to one that creates a competitive advantage through the way we use technology.
This role will be responsible for leading data solutions for Distribution and Claims.
These teams are focused on API development, re-usable services, as well as Data Lake to Data Warehousing patterns.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
* Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether youre supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
* Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
* Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, youll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
* Forward thinker: Leading by example, youll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
* Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
* Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
* In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
* Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the flexibility to respond to change quickly.
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
* Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
High-reaching applicants will have
* Experience with Data practices and technologies including data lake, data warehousing, data integration patterns (ETL, services, messaging), analytics and business intelligence
* Working knowledge of cloud platforms including AWS
* Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and multi-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Data Analysts)
* Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
* Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership